MoonlightStory
Welcome to MoonlightStory's Forum!

MoonlightStory is a v83 MapleStory Private server! It is a very fun and awesome server with tons of features!

Be sure to register and play MoonlightStory! If not, you will regret!

What are you waiitng for? Do it now!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

MoonlightStory
Welcome to MoonlightStory's Forum!

MoonlightStory is a v83 MapleStory Private server! It is a very fun and awesome server with tons of features!

Be sure to register and play MoonlightStory! If not, you will regret!

What are you waiitng for? Do it now!
MoonlightStory
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Jake's GM Application

3 posters

Go down

Jake's GM Application Empty Jake's GM Application

Post by Imagine Thu Aug 04, 2011 7:22 pm

Name:
Jake
Timezone:
(GMT -8:00) Pacific Time (US & Canada)
Reborns:
130+
How long have you been playing MoonlightStory?
1 Day, but I played Oragnic which was when Moonlight and Organic networked together. Played Organic since the start of it!
What do you like about MoonlightStory/ What stands out about the server?
There are so many stuff that I like and think there could be improvements on this server. The things I like about this server is:
-Not that many NPCs in FM
-Rates are high, but the Mobs make it a bit harder to RB (Bit challenging)
-Games in NPC in FM
-Possible to buy NX
-Gacha w/ Pieces found from Bosses in FM
-Currency is used well throughout the server (Economy)
The thing that stands out to me about this server isn't a 'thing' but the community. Most of these people are willing to help no matter if you're new or old. Friendly community!

Why are you applying here?
I am applying here because, I know some of the staff members for quite some time, and I am able to cooperate with them. I see high potential in this server and I believe I can give ideas that in my visual of my head would make these server even better.
Are you currently and GM on any other server?
Nope, not anymore. [:
Have you applied to any other server in the past 4 weeks?
Nope!
What are your 'Pros' and 'Cons' ?
Pros:
-Patient to help
-Know the GM Commands/Powers
-Experenced as a GM
-I know what to do with the toughest situations
-Speak fluent English
-Online majority of the time if needed (Summer Time)
-Currently and will be active on Forums/XAT/In-game
-Quick to answer
-I can GFX (Not animate)
Proof of GFX work:
Spoiler:

Cons:
-I have a temper limit (If you push me too far I will rage at you)
-I tell the truth. (This could be a pro and con but, I consider this more of a con because, if you push me to the limit I will tell the truth about what I think about you and it may get ugly.)

*Much more for you to find out about me*
How can you contribute to MoonlightStory?
As a GM or player I could and will look around for hackers, players abusing glitches and what not. Mess around with commands/NPCs to find bugs and inform either Matt, Pascal, or Sammy to take notice and fix. I can be on more then just the server such as XAT and Forums and will reply fast enough to help a new player and old if needed. Contribute my suggestions and ideas to make the server better and possibly add stuff to make players want to vote more/constantly. I believe I can also add event ideas I already have a few in mind. My events were never easy as I GM'd. I know most people say this, but I actually have a few in mind that I haven't seen yet. [:
What do you think the really meaning of a GM is and do you have any experience?
What is a GM to me? A GM is a player to me. They are equal and just like a player. One who is more knowledgable of the game and the way the server works. One who takes responsibility to help out, make things better, solve problmes and much more. Not favour people, give players equal chances at whatever it is. Yes I have pass experience, in pretty much all of Matt's past servers and LightningMS. Proof is below.
LightningMS:
(Showing different cases and how I handled.)
Raging at Server
Spoiler:
Hacker (SS&Ban)
Spoiler:
AFK Trainer/Possibly Botting (SS&Jailed)
Spoiler:
Player w/ GM Skills (SS&Ban)
Spoiler:
Player w/ Duped Items (SS&Returned to Owner)
Spoiler:
OrganicMS:
Spoiler:

Would you abuse your powers as a GM?
Everyone's answer would most likely be "No.", but my answer is no, but I can not guarentee. Everyone has their moment where they might be in the mood and just rage and not think about what they are doing. Whether it's constantling killing someone, banning/jailing someone, etc. There is always the possibilty. But I can certainly guarentee 100% I will try my best to not and a 99.99% chance I WILL NOT abuse my powers.
Pretend someone has scammed a person with a precious item (rare item, GM-Scrolled item, etc.) How will you react to solve such a situation?
This case depends. If I saw him/her scam this player with my own eyes, I would ask him/her to give it back to the original player. If he/she did not give it back I would simply ban.
If I didn't see anything happen. I would investigate. Listen to each person's story to understand both sides. From there I would make a decision. If the player did scam, but give it back I would probably jail them for a bit to let them understand and not do this again. I believe if you just let them off the hook they would continue to do so.

Pretend someone is Vac Hacking and Summon Hacking, how will you react?
If someone was Vac Hacking I would take a screen shot or record them and ban. This allows me to post proof if they were to make a Ban Appeal.
If someone was Summon Hacking, I would take a screen shot, and ban them. Then use the command "!killall" to kill the mobs preventing other players to kill them.

How would you explain yourself and your personality?
I am an easy going guy, but I have limits. If you push me too far I will rage at you. I will let you discover me but that is the main thing to know about me.
Anything additional you would like to add?
I like to pretend I'm a person from Singapore la. I troll sometimes for fun. It's all from my heart though! I get hyper at night and I am according to some people 'pervy' just because I'm a teenage man. :[

Last edited by Imagine on Sat Aug 06, 2011 9:20 am; edited 4 times in total
Imagine
Imagine

Back to top Go down

Jake's GM Application Empty Re: Jake's GM Application

Post by Maiya Fri Aug 05, 2011 5:02 am

Very nice application. Good luck <3
Maiya
Maiya

Back to top Go down

Post by BlackJesus Fri Aug 05, 2011 6:50 am

Very Nice Application. I think some situations can be handled more efficiently though, The Spammer raging at the Server. You could nicely ask him to stop, Give him a warning, if he resists, jail. I honestly don't think Raging at a server deserves a Ban in my opinion.

Also, for the "Player with GM Skills" How do you know it was just another GM playing on another character he had on his account, You show no other proof but a ScreenShot of him using skills. Furthermore, I think a little more proof would be nice. Otherwise, Nice application, Jake. Goodluck to you.
BlackJesus
BlackJesus

https://www.facebook.com/griddick

Back to top Go down

Post by Imagine Fri Aug 05, 2011 7:07 am

@Maiya Thank you Maiya! Best of luck to you as well!
BlackJesus wrote:Very Nice Application. I think some situations can be handled more efficiently though, The Spammer raging at the Server. You could nicely ask him to stop, Give him a warning, if he resists, jail. I honestly don't think Raging at a server deserves a Ban in my opinion.
This wasn't the whole scene of the convo. Just showing proof, but he was warned. He continued so I jailed. He continued, so I asked if he would want to be banned. Afterwards he decided he wanted to just be banned. So be it he was.

BlackJesus wrote:Also, for the "Player with GM Skills" How do you know it was just another GM playing on another character he had on his account, You show no other proof but a ScreenShot of him using skills. Furthermore, I think a little more proof would be nice. Otherwise, Nice application, Jake. Goodluck to you.
I know all my other GMs. If they made another character they would have a GM level of atleast 3. I used my command !spy to check to make sure. He even told me he packet edited for the skills. Afterwards I simply banned. Thank you Gye.
Imagine
Imagine

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down