MoonlightStory
Welcome to MoonlightStory's Forum!

MoonlightStory is a v83 MapleStory Private server! It is a very fun and awesome server with tons of features!

Be sure to register and play MoonlightStory! If not, you will regret!

What are you waiitng for? Do it now!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

MoonlightStory
Welcome to MoonlightStory's Forum!

MoonlightStory is a v83 MapleStory Private server! It is a very fun and awesome server with tons of features!

Be sure to register and play MoonlightStory! If not, you will regret!

What are you waiitng for? Do it now!
MoonlightStory
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Derp's GameMaster Application

2 posters

Go down

Derp's GameMaster Application Empty Derp's GameMaster Application

Post by Derp Wed Jul 27, 2011 5:47 am

Name: Joseph Gott

Timezone: EST (GMT -5:00)

Reborns: 0

How long have you been playing MoonlightStory?
I am new to this server though I have looked around on a mule character to get a feel for what the standard is here.

What do you like about MoonlightStory/ What stands out about the server?
I personally like the intro to the server over others, it is more than original in the fact that it starts you out in the cygnus area than transports you to map 10000 where you fight tiru's which belong to cygnus. Very interesting there. I also like how the gameplay is recognizable, as in you can get an easier feel for this server if you have played any other v83. I have also noticed that the community is quite friendly, this is very different from other servers where most people hate on you for being a "noob". But since I am quite new to this server I cannot point out many of the awesome features this server offers. I will soon know them though.

Why are you applying here?
I am applying here so I can give my assistance to pascurl and sammy, as well as the entire community in every way possible. I am a friendly person who likes to have fun, but am also completely serious about the job at hand. I do like to socialize and meet everyone in the community, but it is more important to keep that community happy with the standard job of a GM.

Are you currently and GM on any other server?
I am not currently a GM on any other server, though I have been a GM on other servers. If proof is needed I will provide it.

Have you applied to any other server in the past 4 weeks?
I have not applied to any other server in the past 4 weeks.

What are your 'Pros' and 'Cons' ?
Pro's:

Fun
Eneregetic
Serious
Complacent
Intruiging
And Enjoyable

Con's:
Sometimes I allow others to get to me to easily, I have worked on this though, but it is still somewhat of an issue
I can sometimes be seen as being to strict, though I think that it helps with my work ethic and how I do my job
Some days I can be antisocial, though it is a rare occasion

How can you contribute to MoonlightStory?
I can give you my time and hard work. This might not seem like it is much, but I assure you that it is more than you think. I can give you ideas for changes within game and ways to make things easier for players. I can, and will, keep the community in check, both through banning hackers and hosting events to socializing and hearing out player issues. I will be the best that I can be and do hope that people can take me seriously.

What do you think the realy meaning of a GM is and do you have any experience?
The meaning of being a GM is not all fun and games. It means to be a role model, a person who the players can rely on to help in times of need, but also someone who is willing to take measures that could be viewed as drastic. It means that you should have composure and civility, you should not take sides in any fights, whether they be between players, staff, or players and staff. This is a job, not something you can just flaunt about thinking that no one can touch you. If you view it as such it makes being a GM much easier. As for the experience, yes, I have a bountiful experience as a GM in a multitude of different servers.

Would you abuse your powers as a GM?
In all reality a lot can be viewed as abuse of power, as for what I would personally do, no. I would never abuse my power willingly, nor would I be pressured into that abuse. Having this power is not just something you can brush off as something deserved. It is a gift from the owner of the server and he/she deserves your utmost respect when it comes to the use of that power. Abuse should not, and hopefully will not, be tolerated from this team, though that is not my say.

Pretend someone has scammed a person with a precious item (rare item, GM-Scrolled item, etc.) How will you react to solve such a situation?
It honestly depends on the situation. If the person who was scammed had taken screenshots or asked a GM to come watch, it would be easier to solve the situation. If that is the case I would personally warp both players into 93000800, a map which players cannot exit from, and ask the person in question to give back the item(s) taken from the victim(player). If the person did not comply I would give him a clock at the top of the screen, probably with about 15 seconds, and tell him that if the items were not returned before the clock hit 0 he would be banned. If he still refused I would ban and ask the highest ranking GM online if I was allowed to refund the item for the player it was scammed from. This makes things easy for those who get scammed. Now if the player who was scammed had not taken any screenshots or had a GM watch the trade and then asked us to help the only thing that I would be able to do is put that character on my watch list and wait till he tried to do this again. I would also remind the player to ask for a GM to watch the trade next time, or take screenshots.

Pretend someone is Vac Hacking and Summon Hacking, how will you react?
These are the easiest hacks to dicern, my first move would be to take a screenshot of the hack occuring itself. Then I would ban the person in question without notice to that player. Since these are the easiest hacks to dicern this would be my best course of action. I would probably make the reason for the ban something to the effect of, "Do not hack on this private server." Or something to that effect.

How would you explain yourself and your personality?
As I stated in my Pro's and Con's, I am a very fun, energetic, happy, intruiging person, and if you take the time to get to know me I can be the nicest person around. I like playing guitar and teach it at a semi-professional level. I work at a dollar store and live in an apartment. I love hanging out with friends and watching a funny movie. In that sense I can also be extremely strict about how I handle certain situations, though I assure you my intentions are always for the best.

Anything additional you would like to add?
One thing. HEY SAMMMMMYYY <3. Also if you need to reach me get a hold of me in the chatbox and ask me for my msn or skype. If you need me past that you'll just have to catch me. See you around folks!

Derp

Back to top Go down

Derp's GameMaster Application Empty Re: Derp's GameMaster Application

Post by Sammy Mon Aug 01, 2011 9:06 am

joe ily but active in game gets you GM. Get to know the in game community

Sammy
Owner

Back to top Go down